- Journal of Renal Care 04.2013
- 43rd EDTNA/ERCA International Conference, Riga, Latvia – On-line abstract submission is OPEN.
- EDTNA/ERCA UK members’ Newsletter for October 2013 – learn more about the EDTNA/ERCA activities in UK.
- 43rd EDTNA/ERCA International Conference, Riga, Latvia – Conference website is OPEN.
- Journal of Renal Care 03.2013
- JORC Supplement: Quality Improvement
- EDTNA/ERCA News Summer, 2013: Croatian, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian and Spanish
- EDTNA/ERCA Newsletter of UK Key member for August 2013 just uploaded
- JORC Supplement on Home Therapies
- Photos from the 42nd EDTNA/ERCA International Conference available here.
- Abstract book of the 42nd EDTNA/ERCA International Conference
43rd EDTNA/ERCA International Conference, Riga
- The Conference website is open.
- Abstract submission deadline is 15 February 2014. On-line abstract submission is open.
- Acceptance decision for authors: 25 March 2014
42nd EDTNA/ERCA International Conference, Malmö
- The Conference Abstract Book is now available. Download your copy here.
- Conference programme is online, for details please click here.
- The Conference photos can be download from the Conference Website here.
- Congratulations to the EDTNA/ERCA 2013 Malmö Conference Abstract winners:
Best Abstract (out of 262 submitted Abstracts):
1st Prize: P 036 - Illness perception and hopelessness in haemodialysis patients, M. Mollaoglu, F. Candan, B. Yürügen, Turkey
2nd Prize: P 024 - The effect of liquid and salt control training on the intradialytic period, E. Topbas, D. Murat Öztürk, S. Dedeko, T. Kavalali, Y. Sapci, F. Öztürk, S. Can, Turkey
3rd Prize: O-79 - Impact of the therapeutic regimen on the quality of life of dialysis patients, F. Loureiro, A. Gomes, M. Machado, F. Vieira, J. Fazendeiro Matos, Portugal
- Congratulations to the EDTNA/ERCA 2013 Malmö Conference Poster winners:
Best Posters (out of 165 submitted Posters):
1st Prize: P 114/O 64 - Preserving vascular access in the Middle East, E. Kenny, C. Hernadez, J. Zamora, Saudi Arabia
- Green Innovation Award – joint award of Fresenius Medical Care and EDTNA/ERCA:
1st Prize: O 49 / P 063 - “Green Mileage – sustainable programme towards eco-friendly dialysis in Saudi Arabia: results of phase one”, A. Bunani, J.J. Sedgewick, E. Dumdum Bunani, Saudi Arabia
2nd Prize: O 45 - “ECO future using ECO features in dialysis: water and dialysate saving without compromising Kt/V”, A. Martinez Miralles1, F. Pelliccia2, J.I. Merello Godino1, R. Ramos1, A. Karch1, M.T. Parisotto2, , Spain/Germany
Go Green in Dialysis – joint EDTNA/ERCA and Fresenius Medical Care project successfully finished
The EDTNA/ERCA and Fresenius Medical Care launched the Environmental Guidelines for Dialysis at the 40th International EDTNA/ERCA Conference in Ljubljana. Fifteen experts from 10 different countries have created these Guidelines over the past year. They contain all the state of the art knowledge to reduce the environmental burden of dialysis. The implementation of energy saving strategies is crucial as high levels of water use, the creation of increasing quantities of hazardous waste and high energy consumption have serious ecological and economic impacts. We hope these Guidelines help renal professionals respond to the increasing challenge of how to perform environmentally friendly dialysis and provide them with the practical guidance needed to establish effective and successful strategies. Electronic version of the Environmental Guidelines for Dialysis is available in the member´s only section. If you are not member yet, please follow online membership subscription instructions.
A Guide to Implementing Renal Best Practice in Haemodialysis
EDTNA/ERCA & Gambro are proud to present a joint project aiming to define multidisciplinary clinical guidelines for dialysis. Together we will launch this project results during the EDTNA/ERCA Conference 2013.
Why do we need a clinical guide for haemodialysis?
- Renal patients are older and suffer from various co-morbidities
- There is higher demand for individualized treatments
- Patient numbers continue to increase
- Outcomes are not improving, considering application of modern technology, treatment regimes and medicine
Vascular Access and Cannulation Guidelines: new EDTNA/ERCA – Fresenius Medical Care Project
- Create awareness on the importance of Vascular Access Management
- Define processes based on clinical evidence to reduce complications
- Develop Vascular Access Cannulation & Care Guidelines
EDTNA/ERCA Collaboration initiatives:
- ENRCA: European Network of Renal Care Associations
2009 New Project: Violence and Aggression Prevention and Management Strategies in European Renal Units
2010-2011 New Project: Survey on Attitudes of the European Renal Nurses towards older People
2011–2012 New Project: Exploring the Challenges & Opportunities for Renal Care Across Europe
- With EfCCNa: European federation of Critical Care Nursing association and HENNA: Helenic Nephrology Nurses Association
2011-2012 New Project: Acute Kidney Injury – A Guide to Clinical Practice. More information will follow soon.
Click here to view all the EDTNA/ERCA Handbooks published by EDTNA/ERCA in recent years. The EDTNA/ERCA members are entitled to get a hard copy for free. Ask EDTNA/ERCA Secretariat for your own copy.
For more details on the membership