- EDTNA/ERCA News — Autumn 2014 — Riga Conference Especial Edition: Croatian, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish
- EDTNA/ERCA UK Members Update for November 2014 – learn more about the EDTNA/ERCA activities in UK.
- New Handbooks from Riga – launched and ready for ordering
- New Patient Education material available for download
- News from EKHA & EU, European Reference Networks
- ONLINE educational resource for Health Care Professionals (HCP) – Electronic Library
- Journal of Renal Care 01.2014
- EDTNA/ERCA Swedish Members Update for March 2014 – learn more about the EDTNA/ERCA activities in Sweden.
- JORC Supplement: Quality Improvement
- JORC Supplement on Home Therapies
43rd EDTNA/ERCA International Conference, Riga
A Guide to Implementing Renal Best Practice in Haemodialysis
Project Coordinators: Jitka Pancirova & Anki Davidson
The EDTNA/ERCA launched with the scientific grant support from from Baxter Gambro Renal - A Guide to Implementing Renal Best Practice in Haemodialysis at the 43rd EDTNA/ERCA International Conference in Riga.
- Renal patients are older and suffer from various co-morbidities
- There is higher demand for individualised treatments
- Patient numbers continue to increase
- Outcomes are not improving, considering application of modern technology, treatment regimes and medicine
Vascular Access Cannulation and Care - A Nursing Best Practice Guide for Arteriovenous Fistula
Project Coordinators: Maria Teresa Parisotto & Jitka Pancirova
Joint EDTNA/ERCA & Fresenius Medical Care Project to achieve enhanced multidisciplinary renal team practice in dialysis and develop a Vascular Access Best Practice Guide successfully finished. Publication was launched at the 43rd EDTNA/ERCA International Conference in Riga.
- Raise awareness of the importance for vascular access management as the “patient’s lifeline”
- Define vascular access cannulation practices based on clinical evidence to minimize complications
- Develop a best practice guide for vascular access cannulation and care
e-Health Handbook in Nephrology
Handbook Editors: Aase Riemann & Maria Cruz Casal
The EDTNA/ERCA and Sanofi are proud to announce the collaboration and the launch of the e-Health Handbook in Nephrology at the 43rd EDTNA/ERCA International Conference in Riga.
- Raise awareness of the importance of e-Health implementation as a tool for kidney care
- Learn about new technologies to achieve the highest quality of care for patients
- Utilize e-Health to achieve an efficient use of funds to treat patients with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Implement e-Health as a way to increase the patient’s quality of life
Multilingual Patient Education Documents
Project Coordinators: Simone Klein & Tai Mooi Ho Wong
The EDTNA/ERCA and B. Braun Avitum are proud to announce the joint project and the launch of the Multilingual Patient Education Documents at the 43rd EDTNA/ERCA International Conference in Riga.
A total of 10 documents on CKD Stages 1-3 were launched in English, Spanish and Russian languages
- About Your Kidneys
- High Blood Pressure (BP)
- Home BP Monitoring
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Physical Exercise
- Stop Smoking
- Low-salt Diet
- Common Medicines
- Reactions Following Diagnosis
Phosphorus Mission Educational Tool - Partnership between EDTNA/ERCA and Sanofi
- Phosphorus Mission Educational Tool is a software package developed by Sanofi for use by dialysis nurses to educate their patients on how to maintain healthy phosphorus levels.
- The patients themselves will also have the option of downloading Phosphorus Mission Educational Tool onto their computers or their mobile telephones outside of a clinic setting.
- EDTNA/ERCA validated and accredited this educational tool.
Click here to view all the EDTNA/ERCA Handbooks published by EDTNA/ERCA in recent years. The EDTNA/ERCA members are entitled to get a hard copy for free. Ask EDTNA/ERCA Secretariat for your own copy.
For more details on the membership