Consultants of EDTNA/ERCA are being developed by link-minded practitioners with the desire to become actively involved under their own volition to address renal treatment trends.
Consultants allow for these individuals to collaborate regarding issues in an open, efficient, and somewhat structured manner. Significantly, consultants develop as a result of genuine interest shared by community members to learn and work together to solve similar problems.
- To promote the importance of renal nutrition and dietetics in the management and therapeutic care of renal patients.
- To promote dietitians and nutrition advisors as key members of the multi-professional organization.
- To promote research in renal nutrition and dietetics.
- To collaborate with Education board on developing nutrition competencies standards across nursing and dietetic practices to provide the framework for improvement in clinical care.
- To develop patient – friendly educational tools and resources on nutrition for renal patients.